2 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
1 onion, diced
Salt and Pepper to taste
6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- Heat a 4 quart stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and add the leeks and onions.
- When onion softens (about 4 minutes) add the potatoes to heat through.
- Add the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cook 30 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste.
Each one cup serving is only 1 point.
You may want to garnish with chives or scallions and a dollop of plain yogurt.